Resources for Parents & Teachers
Looking for books on a certain topic for classroom or home use? Call ahead and we will pull a selection of materials for you to pick up. Call us in advance at 812-723-3841 ext. 101.
Let us recommend one of our favorite books! Here are our recommended reading lists:
Children’s Reading Brochures & Early Literacy Calendars
- Great Books for Toddlers
- First Grade Reading Level Books
- Second Grade Reading Level Books
- Third Grade Reading Level Books
- Fourth Grade Reading Level Books
- Fifth Grade Reading Level Books
- Sixth Grade Reading Level Books
- Laugh It Up Books
- If You Like Diary of A Wimpy Kid…
Online resources: Enjoy ebooks, eaudiobooks, and streaming videos all for free with your library card! We have access to several services that have great content for kids and adults.
- Overdrive—for ebooks and eaudiobooks, with a great mix of classics and popular titles.
- Libby – for ebooks and audiobooks, made by Overdrive.
Schedule a story time or field trip! We’d love to plan a visit for your class, daycare, school group, or scout troop. Please call us in advance to schedule a time. We can plan a specific program with your groups needs in mind—from a 20 minute toddler story time to an hour-long field trip with tour and activities. Classes planning regular visits may sign up for a story time once a month. If your class would like to get library cards, please return completed applications at least 10 days in advance to have them ready for your visit. Please call 812-723-3841 ext. 101 to schedule a visit or for more information.